How to save money on auto body repair?

Auto Body Repair Doylestown

I swear I never anticipated the amount of expenditure that goes into auto body repair. It was a day in the high-traffic area, and a truck hit the side view mirror of my car and boom! I was facing damage worth more than my pocket money. No matter how much I said that it was just a broken mirror, I knew it had to cost a lot to replace that automatic piece broken by a stupid driver.
And let’s be real. If you have been driving since years, such incidents happen. Maybe it’s a minor dent or a major car accident; you must know some money saving tips. Here are some I know.
Check the labor rates for auto body repair
Let’s talk about that incident I mention in the beginning. So, I went to an authorized service center and asked for the cost of repair. It was a huge sum of money. I went to another shop, and the same part was available at a much lesser cost, and the labor cost was almost negligible. I felt lucky for I decided to visit another shop. That’s how you save money. You get quotes from more than one repair shops. But never mention the previous quote you’ve already got while consulting the second or third shop. Just a tiny trick to help you negotiate better!
Check if PDR is possible
PDR is paintless dent removal, and it’s another brilliant way to save money. Unlike what mechanics claim, minor dents can be fixed with the PDR method. They will not do it on their own. You have to insist and ask them to try. It’s a way that will save you a lot of money on auto body repair in Doylestown, but it may not be the method for the repairers.
Repair minor issues yourself
You should always learn and try to fix the minor issues yourself. There are some resources available online to show you how to do DIY repair. You will just need careful research. Of course, you have YouTube and something like replacing the side view mirror is pretty easy. It will save you money on the labor cost.
Consider replacing some items
One thing many car owners fail to understand is many a time replacing an item costs lesser than repair. I cannot give you a sure shot example as it always varies on the condition of the car and the cost of the new part.
Be careful
Last but not least, you should always avoid as much as you can. Why indulge into reckless driving and ram your car into a street light? Don’t do that and your money is saved automatically.
If you require more advice on auto body repair, call A&G Customs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Most Common Emergency Towing Reasons

5 Surprising Ways In Which A Towing Service Can Help You

Doylestown Auto Repair: Top 16 FAQs Answered